Monday, April 12, 2010

The Evolution of Asstasticness







Here is the seat I have been working on. I have about 7 hours into this seat. I am sure I could make them faster but this is my first one and this is just how it always goes.

So first you can see the template I made from a paper grocery bag. OK first I make a half pattern on lighter paper and then traced out both side on the one brown bag.

Then I used the template to make the pan out of 16 gage steel. Once i had this made I used a couple kneeling pads from Menards. They are high density and only five bucks. some 3M spray adhesive and clamped it down. Once dried I shaved it down and filed the edges to my desire.

So you can see this in one piece the seat pan padding and shaped all in one. Sorry I should have pics of that process somewhere but I cna't find it.

Then I started a design for the leather work. I just freehanded a bunch of shit I thought looked cool.

The next pic is of the leather where I transfered the image. I had to free hand some more things into this just because I thought it needed more. The tooling is just slightly done a whole lot more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment