Well of course I only get an hour here and there to actually do stuff so it is always slow.
So last night I did some welding and grinding on my clutch lever and my new bars.
Well, I will start from the beggining.
I am not running a traditional Jockey set up. Going for something a ittle different, where the typical behind the left leg hand shift is, this is going to look the same but will be the clutch.
I had heated and bent a piece of round stock into the shape I "thought" I wanted but ended up being to long. Blessing in disguise since it was to long and slightly off from the angle I wanted. I ended up cutting the round stock into three peices and turned and marked and measured and got it in the shaped that I wanted. I also had a problem and that the tap and die set that my good pally Tim borrowed me didn't quite fit the roundstock I had. It was a little bulky but I really like the larger diameter look. So I ended up adding a two inch section just for the Die work.
I was using some thinner gage stock to get the shape I wanted and it was just off a little bit and then with trying to bend and grind the larger diamter stock made it a little more out of wack. Fortunately once it was all cut gelded and groudn back into shape it worked perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment